Again, FVA Group is dismayed by repeat lies and misinformation being spread in a tabloid story.
Some media sources prefer not to let the truth get in the way of a tall tale, and give free Advertising for those trying to discredit the safe – and nationally compliant – Vitracore G2.
Some key points we need to underline straight away are simply that:
- Vitracore remains a safe and compliant cladding Australia-wide, independently validated by the CSIRO and ABCB’s codemark schemes
- G2 has never been involved in any serious or fatal incident and, in the real world, inhibits fire
- The key source/competitor for the fake claims represents a competitor cladding, and regularly attacks Vitracore, while purporting to be a non-vested interest
We corrected multiple falsehoods fed to the journalist, but will seek counsel as several errors – which we pointed out prior to the story running – were still published, including:
- Vitracore G2 is effectively being banned in QLD. FALSE; Vitracore G2 is permitted for use in all states and territories of Australia.
- The product was rejected due to Queensland’s Non-Conforming Building Products legislation. FALSE; Vitracore G2 is permitted for use in all states and territories of Australia.
- The product was rejected on a QLD project due to fire concerns. FALSE; it was due to a media scare the same competitor drummed up to fuel his anti-Vitracore campaign.
- If the Queensland laws existed across the country the product would not be used anywhere in the country. FALSE; it is permitted for use in all states and territories of Australia, including many cladding rectification projects.
- Victorian regulators are investigating concerns… We are not aware of any Victorian regulator investigation into G2.
- The article is accompanied by an image of a building fire and implies that Vitracore G2 was involved in the fire. This is FALSE and misleading, you can read the FACTS about this fire here.
We asked the writer if the blatant competitive agenda and falsehoods raised and readily corrected (ahead of publishing) did not alarm news professionals; it seems they did not.
We lament that an unethical competitor can readily dupe influential media to generate free advertising for their attacks on a safe, compliant and verified cladding product such as Vitracore G2.
Anyone concerned by unwarranted fears this fake news may have stoked, is welcome to contact us, both for technical insight and support on 1800 007 175 or via email [email protected]