National Construction Code 2019 Announcement
The Australian Building Codes Board (ABCB) have announced that Wednesday 1st May 2019 marks the official adoption date for the National Construction Code (NCC) 2019 edition by most States and Territories, supported by relevant legislation in each region. ACT has deferred the adoption date to the first of September.
Important to note is that there are no changes to bonded laminates and these products are therefore still compliant.
Below are 3 key points you need to know:
- A 12 month transitional period ending 30 April 2020 applies to the energy efficiency provisions. Both the new NCC 2019 provisions and/or those from NCC 2016 may be used during this time.
- The new Fire Safety Verification Method (FSVM) adoption will be delayed until 1 May 2020.
- The Consolidated Performance Requirements will not be released as a separate document and instead can be accessed online by using the filter options here. You can also find the NCC 2019 Complete Series by logging in or signing up.
We would like to acknowledge all of the effort of those involved in the NCC 2019.
CSIRO has updated their assessment on our Vitracore G2 for NCC 2019 with the following relevance of the test data to Vol.1 Clause C1.9
- Each Laminate is Non‐Combustible – Clause C1.9 (e)(vii)(A)
- Each adhesive layer does not exceed 1mm in thickness and a total of 2mm – Clause C1.9 (e)(vii)(B)
- The Spread‐of‐Flame Index and the Smoke‐Developed Index of the laminated material as a whole does not exceed 0 and 3 respectively ‐ Clause C1.9 (e)(vii)(C).
- The Material can be used where a non-combustible material is required.
To download the full CSIRO report please click here