SINIAT WEATHER DEFENCE IS A WEATHER RESISTANT, HIGHLY BREATHABLE, DEEMED NON-COMBUSTIBLE RIGID AIR BARRIER (RAB) TO C1.9 of the BCA/NCC 2019
SINIAT Weather Defence is a weather resistant, highly breathable rigid air barrier (RAB) that is also non-combustible, vapour permeable and doubles as a fire-resistant board to provide a fire barrier between the façade and the interior. Providing better weather resistance than pliable alternatives it also equalises air pressure within the outer wall cavity to prevent water ingress. It requires no additional sarking due to its patented hydrophobic core and integrated liner and it can be exposed to weather for up to 12 months prior to being over-clad, offering early access for internal trades.
- FOUR-IN-ONE SOLUTION: SINIAT is fire resistant, non-combustible, vapour permeable and weathertight all in one product. Eliminating the need for a breathable membrane saving time and reducing installation cost.
- FRL TESTING: SINIAT solutions offer fire resistant wall systems up to 60/60/60 which satisfy Deemed-to Satisfy compliance for vertical & spandrel fire separation between floors and openings.
- AIR & WEATHER TIGHT: Along with the proprietary joint sealing system, SINIAT is extremely airtight with leakage of 0.002m3/m2/hr for compliance with the NCC 2019 air leakage requirements for class 2-9 buildings.
- PATENTED TECHNOLOGY: SINIAT is weathertight with no need for additional sarking thanks to a patented hydrophobic core and glass matt liner technology. Proprietary joint jape must be used on all joints, corners, and openings.
- BREATHABLE BARRIER: SINIAT is highly breathable at 0.49 MNs/g or 2.04 µg/N.s allowing water vapour to escape the cavity and helping to control moisture build up, unlike other non-permeable back pan methods.
- MANUFACTURER’S WARRANTY: SINIAT is manufactured by Etex Group, one of the largest suppliers of construction materials globally and it comes with a 12-year warranty when installed by a certified installer.
- UP TO 1YR EXPOSED: SINIAT can be left exposed to the weather for up to 12 months before cladding is installed allowing early lock up and start of internal trades and linings as building is weather sealed.
- NON-COMBUSTIBLE: SINIAT is deemed non-combustible according to C1.9 of the BCA/NCC 2019 and can be used in any cladding or lining application where non-combustible materials are required.