The Benefits of Vitradual’s Coil Coating Application
Featuring coil-coating application for superior quality and performance, Vitradual is available in an extensive range of colours, with the ability to be customised to match almost any rectification project.
As part of Fairview’s commitment to quality assurance and control, Vitradual’s coil-coating (roll-to-roll) continuous method, using only PVDF Kynar 500®or FEVE paints, continues to be well proven for superior quality, ongoing performance and colour integrity.
The Benefits of Coil Coating Application
The high-tech coil coating process delivers many advantages over panels that are either coated panel-by panel, or require painting after installation:
- Durability: Due to being pre-painted, a coil coated finish is less likely to be breached by weather, UV rays or installation errors. The coating is continuous, rather than having joints and edges that can result in a post-painted product. Coil coatings protect the metal from corrosion for a long-lasting, waterproof finish.
- Reliability: The highly-controlled factory process ensures that every panel you order is the exact same color — no need to worry about different dye lots or formula changes. Each section of the long coil of metal is also primed and cured in the same way, so the thickness, sheen and durability of the final product is the same on every portion of your order.
- Sustainability: Metal is one of the most readily recycled construction materials in the world, and coil coated metal panels are often made from recycled materials. The coating process also captures VOCs to reduce air pollution and exceed EPA standards.
- Adaptability: The metal coils can be used to make any length of the final product. This reduces the need for difficult joints and seams that can subtly break up the look of your design. Larger, customized panels also require less handling and modification during installation, which further saves on labor costs.
- Flexibility: Coil coated finishes that use Kynar PVDF resin are flexible enough to be formed after painting, allowing manufacturers to bend and mold the panels to exact design specifications without cracking the paint — a major improvement over traditional spray finishes. These panels can be fabricated either on site or in the shop, depending on the customer’s needs.
- Versatility: There are several ways to work with coil coated metal, depending on a contractor’s preference and expertise. Adhesives and mechanical fastening are all possible with this product. In addition to unlimited colours, Vitradual is also available in a range of finishes including anodised, woodgrain, stone, metallic, sparkling, and chromatic. Custom matches are also available, so your imagination is the only limit in bringing your design to life.
How Does Coil Coating Work?
Before the colorful finished product reaches your worksite, the metal used in your exterior panels arrives in a long coil or roll from steel and aluminum rolling mills. As this coil is unwound at the factory where the coating is applied, the long sheet of metal is pulled through a highly specialized machine that cleans it, primes it and paints it before winding it all back up again at the end of the process. The continuous nature of this manufacturing process is incredibly efficient and leads to a high-quality final product.
Watch how our continuous clean pre-treatment and coating process results in masterful coating adhesion to provide exceptional corrosion resistance for the Vitradual solid aluminium cassette cladding system.
When it comes to rectification, Vitradual is one of the only products available that can meet your sustainability, design, durability, and compliance goals.
To read more about the unlimited colour possibilities of Vitradual’s unique coil coating process, at https://info.fv.com.au/vitradual-solid-aluminium-panels